We finally have hockey back at the Nassau Coliseum tonight as the Islanders faceoff against the Rangers.
Here are ten new things that you’ll see when you get to the Coliseum tonight.
1) DP’s new pads – Ricky re-designed the goalie pads he’s worn for the last season and half.
2) Team Apparel – From hats to shirts to pucks, you’ll find all new NYI apparel from the 2007-08 season.
3) All White Dashers – What now? The NHL has a new rule that all dasher board signage must have a white background. Everything will look a bit crisper on the boards now.
4) New Halo Graphics – The NYI Game Ops. crew designed the graphics for penalties and whistles.
5) New Jersey’s – The Islanders will wear blue tonight and it’ll give most fans the first opportunity to see them in game action.
6) Picnic Zone – One of the older smoking areas has been transformed into a picnic zone of sorts. Along with the open air and an additional bathroom, fans can buy food and drink before and during the game.
7) Bossy and Potvin – Those two legends have new banners hanging in the rafters. Nothing change, they’re just new. The old ones were getting yellow and they couldn’t be cleaned anymore.
8) TV’s on the Concourse – In one of many upgrades on the concourse, new flat screen TV’s have been installed all throughout the concourse.
9) Signage – Along with the signage, new gate and concession signage has been added to show you where to go. Again, all in Islanders décor.
10) Paint Job – The Coliseum finally painted the concourse Blue, Orange and White. The walls are still tight, but they look a whole not nicer.