Friday, January 4, 2008

ROAD TRIP BLOG: Day 1

As the Islanders embark on a ten-day road trip, I’m going to try my best to blog the comings and goings of our venture out west. I don’t want to promise the world, but I’ll try my best to give some insight of the road trip.

Here we go…

-----

Friday, January 4th

And on the first day… There was a four-hour flight to Denver, Colorado. We left Long Island a little before 2:00 PM EST and landed outside of Denver at 4:00 MT. The plane ride was pretty uneventful as most people either caught up on sleep, watched DVD’s on their laptops, read, listened to music or a combination of those. I was listening to the best of Carrie Underwood and Racal Flatts on my iPod while organizing some photos on my computer.

In case anyone is wondering, management and coaches sit at the front of the plane, followed by the support staff. Behind them is the media, including myself, Islanders radio, Islanders TV and FSN NY. On the first leg of the trip, Deb Kaufman got the window seat to my left while Billy Jaffe and Jiggs McDonald sat across the aisle to my right. The players sit behind us and take up the rest of the plane.

Should be a fun trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here. They will be reviewed before appearing on the blog.